The Code of Conduct outlines the overarching ethical principles and practices expected from all who work for Hofseth BioCare, including permanent and temporary employees, consultants and suppliers. The Code also applies to all contractors, sub- contractors, suppliers and sub-suppliers. It includes all Hofseth BioCare companies and locations. The code of conduct shall be efficiently communicated to the aforementioned parties.
We commit ourselves to perform our activities with integrity and a high ethical standard.
1. Hofseth BioCare operates in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of the countries in which they operate, and in full compliance with this code.
2. Hofseth BioCare supports and respects the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights and the UN Declaration of Human Rights and acknowledge our responsibility to comply with the requirements thereby imposed on our operations. The company shall take the necessary steps to ensure we are not complicit in human rights abuses in our business activities or as part of our supply chain.
3. Hofseth BioCare shall provide workers a clean, safe and healthy work environment in compliance with all legally mandated standards for workplace health and safety.
4. Worker’s rights are of importance to Hofseth BioCare. We will uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of collective bargaining rights for all who work for Hofseth BioCare.
5. Hofseth BioCare opposes all forms of forced and compulsory labour and shall take the necessary steps to prevent the use of forced labour or slave labour in our supply chain.
6. Hofseth BioCare supports the abolition of child labour as defined under the ILO Convention and will take steps to verify the age of younger workers. If a young person is employed, their work shall be performed in line with the Norwegian Working Environment Act requirements for workers under the age of 18.
7. Hofseth BioCare opposes all forms of discrimination and shall provide a working environment free of discrimination, harassment and bullying. All employees shall act with integrity and contribute to creating a working environment free of discrimination based on religion, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, ethnicity or disability. All employments shall be based on ability, and not such personal characteristics.
8. Hofseth BioCare takes a precautionary approach to our impact on the natural environment and shall seek to minimize negative impact on our surroundings. We shall undertake the necessary measures to promote environmental responsibility as well as apply environmentally friendly technologies where applicable. Furthermore, Hofseth BioCare shall comply with all local environmental laws applicable to the workplace, the products produced, and the methods of manufacture.
9. Hofseth BioCare has zero tolerance for corruption and bribery in all its forms. We will actively work against corruption, extortion and bribery. Employees of Hofseth BioCare act with integrity when handling information about the company. All sensitive information shall be treated confidentially. Employees do not share nor act on insider information regarding the company or its affiliates. Insider information is any type of non-public information which may influence the company’s share price if made public.
10. Any breach or suspected breach of this Code of Conduct should be reported according to the Hofseth BioCare Whistleblowing Procedure. Anonymous whistleblowing can be done through the Hofseth BioCare Whistleblowing channel; firstname.lastname@example.org